Virtual Work Experience
Welcome to the Wren Academy Virtual Work Experience page. Year 12 Work Experience will run for three days from Monday 5 to Wednesday 7 July.
Below are some suggested sites for helping you find work experience and also to help you think about what kind of work experience you may wish to undertake.
If you need a copy of the digital Own Find Form please click here
- Softer skills employers are looking for.
- Interactive tools, films and activities available for age 14+.
- Spin the wheel to identify your strengths and reflect not only your skills, but your interests and personality traits, and how to develop them further to support your future.
- A charity which aims to give state school students the same access to top jobs and networks as those from fee-paying schools, despite the lockdown.
- Offers a virtual work experience programme.
- Virtual work experience programs that give students the opportunity to learn career skills from Fortune 500 companies.
- An online channel creating real-life encounters with the world of work to inspire young people about their futures.
- Won Careers Provider of the Year at the annual Careers Excellence Awards.
- Some great videos of health services, construction and piloting.
- A leading UK resource for career-conscious students seeking work experience.
- A virtual experience site, designed to equip students with all the soft skills they need to slot into the workplace.
- Broken down into 3 different modules – Wellbeing and Resilience Under Lockdown, Virtual First Impressions and Remote Networking.
- Help to plan your career, get a job and succeed at work with free and interactive training.
- Offers a careers planner questionnaire and a jobs match service to inspire students.
- Info on virtual work experience opportunities and lists some of the companies able to provide it.
- Guide for students on the dos and don’ts of the application processes.
- Uses the power of personal stories to inform and inspire young people’s career choices.
- Features over 1000 videos of real people talking about their careers.
- Careers information and tools for 11 to 19 year olds, all in one place.
- Stacey takes five 16 to 18 year olds into industries crying out for young workers to give them work experience.
- Rhod tries out different work experience opportunities in Wales.
- Take a virtual tour around BT, Ipswich Building Society, Ipswich Town Football Club, Moragn Sindall Construction, Suffolk County Council to get an idea of what it’s like to work in these industries.
- Virtual work experience for those looking to apply to medical school.
- Explores the roles and skill sets of six different medical specialists, and considers some of the challenges and wider issues doctors face.
- An alternative to work experience for aspiring medics aged 16 and over, who are living in the UK.
- A free interactive video platform providing insights into the role of a GP and the wider primary care team.
- A careers podcast for teachers and young people’s influencers with a spotlight on STEM careers in the UK.
- Each episode showcases real people that work in STEM and also volunteer in schools to inspire and inform young people.
- Allen & Overy’s Smart Start Experience provides young people facing socio-economic barriers with access to high quality work experience in the woerld of business
- Allen & Overy is an international legal practice that wants to inspire young people who are talented and ambitious but might not consider a career in law or business an option for them, or do not know how to take the first steps on that career path.