Clothes and Appearance
Wren Academy’s gender-neutral dress code allows members of the Sixth Form to set a high standard in their personal appearance and conduct. All items on the list below may be worn by Wren Academy Sixth Form students:
- Smart trousers
- Smart skirt of an appropriate length
- Smart dress of an appropriate length
- Smart shirt with collar
- Smart blouse
- Smart jumper
- Smart cardigan
- Smart leather or suede shoes (or shoes of leather/suede appearance - not trainers)
- Smart jacket or blazer
- Formal items, such as waistcoats and ties, are optional
Please also be aware of the following:
- Coats may be worn but are to be removed once inside classrooms/study areas
- A single piercing in each ear is permitted, as well as a single nose stud
- Hair should be of a natural colour
- Where religious dress is worn such as a hijab, turban, abaya etc., it should be worn in conjunction with the dress code and maintain its spirit.
Please assume that anything not specifically listed above is not allowed. For example, denim, visible tattoos and facial piercings are not included on the list, so are not permitted. Any clothing with rips, holes or large logos/slogans will not be deemed as being smart and the judgement of the Academy Leadership Group will be final on all matters relating to the Sixth Form Dress Code.
Finally, please remember that the dress code in the Sixth Form is a privilege not enjoyed by other members of the school community. It reflects the level of maturity and independence we expect from our Sixth Form students and any student failing to comply with it may be sent home to change.
Students may choose their own sports kit but it must be appropriate for physical exercise. All students taking part in sport should have a pair of trainers, socks, shorts or tracksuit bottoms and a sports t-shirt. Students who represent the Academy at sporting fixtures will be asked to ensure they have the appropriate team kit.